1–5 February 2023
IXDM and transmediale partnership launch
The 36th edition of transmediale festival Berlin takes place at Akademie der Künste, Hanseatenweg, and across the city from 1 to 5 February. a model, a map, a fiction explores how scale reconfigures relations, politics, and affects. Alongside the festival, transmediale presents the free citywide exhibition Out of Scale distributed and embedded within the networks and infrastructures of Berlin.
For the 2023 festival edition a model, a map, a fiction, IXDM and transmediale are launching a new partnership, co-organising the premiere of a new lecture performance Planetary Portals: Diamond Power with Casper Laing Ebbensgaard, Kathryn Yusoff, Kerry Holden, Michael Salu. Moderated by IXDM Professor and Head of Research Helen V. Pritchard.
Other festival highlights with the IXDM team and collaborators include:
- Micro, Meso, Macro with Asia Bazdyrieva, Dennis Dizon, Nadim Choufi. Moderated by Johannes Bruder.
- On Seeing Where There’s So Much To See with eeefff, Oleksiy Radynski, Solveig Qu Suess. Moderated by Elise Misao Hunchuck.
- Counter Cloud Strategies with Cristina Cochior, Maria Dada, Miriyam Aouragh. Moderated by Femke Snelting.
- The Art of Decolonising Digital Resistance with Jamie Allen, Marta Espiridião, Vukasin Nedeljkovic, Vijay Patel, Alice Pedroletti, Samar Zughool.
- A Silent Opera for Anthropogenic Mass – collective listening session with Joana Moll.
- The book launch of The Listening Biennial Reader vol 1, with a contribution by Budhaditya Chattopadhyay, as part of the CTM festival discourse program.
Read more about where else to join CML researchers across this year’s festival programme.